DAI BULLETIN | WEEK 1, 25 September - 1 October 2020
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT BEFORE JOINING US YOU HAVE CAREFULLY READ:
* If you are traveling to the Netherlands from a so-called red or orange zone, quarantaine regulations will be applicable. Travelling to the Netherlands from abroad (Dutch Governement Information). Please feel free to contact Rik Fernhout for advice.
* Update from Rik on the eve of 23 September on the Dutch Governement's Covid-19 guidelines: "Nothing changed for the region in the Netherlands where the DAI week will be. Several other regions turned ‘orange’ or will turn ‘orange’ in a few days, but this does not apply for the part of the country where the DAI week will be. We of course cannot be certain about what will happen next, but for now we still are ok. Please be aware that Radio Kootwijk, the main space where we will be hosted, is a state run space ( Staatsbosbeheer) – they will intervene in case things turn for the worse".
* Some components of our program will be live streamed (the link is to be published on the related pages) and ALL components will be filmed, so that students or tutors who cannot be present due to Covid-19 regulations can watch video documentation.
PLEASE RETURN TO THE BULLETIN ON A DAILY BASIS AS THE SCHEDULE MAY BE UPDATED WHILE COVID REGULATIONS MAY CHANGE.
WE WARMLY WELCOME:
* The tutors and guests on board (both in the flesh and virtual) this month contributing to the Planetary Campus and COOP modules of our program:
Pelumi Adejumo, Antonia Alampi, Amal Alhaag, René Boer, Em'kal Eyongakpa, Fazle Shairmahomed, Quinsy Gario, Iheb Guermazi, Krista Jantowski, Sofia Jernberg, Wim Manuhutu, Jessica Manuputty, Aude Mgba, Simon(e) van Saarloos (DAI, 2020), Gabriëlle Schleijpen, Rully Shabara, Baha Görkem Yalim, and Nikos Doulos, and the 2020 graduates as respondents to the Kitchen presentations !!
COOP Study Groups 2020-2021:
(in partnership with Bulegoa/zb, Casco Art Institute: Working for the Commons, If I Can't Dance I Don't Want To Be Part Of Your Revolution, SAVVY Contemporary, State of Concept.)
Julia Morandeira Arrizabalaga, Marwa Arsanios, Frederique Bergholtz, Ama Josephine Budge, Clementine Edwards, Leon Filter, Snejanka Mihaylova, Rory Pilgrim, Francesc Ruiz, Leire Vergara, Nikos Doulos and more (tba)
COOP Study Groups 2019-2020:
(in partnership with Bulegoa/zb, Casco Art Institute: Working for the Commons, Diakron, If I Can't Dance I Don't Want To Be Part Of Your Revolution, SAVVY Contemporary, State of Concept.)
Akinbode Akinbiyi, Julia Morandeira Arrizabalaga, Sepake Angiama, Marwa Arsanios, Leon Filter, Sara Giannini, Yolande van der Heide, Arlette-Louise Ndakoze, Francesc Ruiz, Staci Bu Shea, Leire Vergara, Geo Wyeth, Arnisa Zeqo , Nikos Doulos
DAI Week 3 Crew (making it all possible):
*general logistics & care co-ordinator: Jacq van der Spek, assisted by Vinita Gatne (DAI, 2019), Floris Visser(DAI, 2018) and Raul da Silva (DAI, 2021)
*culinary input of our brilliant chefs Pitchaya Ngamcharoen (DAI, 2018) assisted by Titus Verheyen and "Axe & Porridge" vegan and vegetarian chefs: Sander Uitdehaag (DAI, 2011) with Veniamin Kazachenko
*study trajectory support & care: Rik Fernhout, assisted by Alaa Abu Assad (DAI, 2018)
* international student advise & care: Margret Wibmer
* BOA's: Vita Buivid, Raphael Daibert, Giorgios Gripeos, Assem Hendawi (TBC), Wilf Speller (all DAI, 2020)
BOA is the Dutch name given to a person that has been enthrusted with the implementation and keeping of the Covid-19 guidelines. During the DAI-week all participants have to commit to strictly following their guidelines in regard to the safety of all bodies in and around the building, only to be overruled in case of (new) contradicting Covid-19 directives from the staff of Radio Kootwijk / Staatsbosbeheer.
Locations WORK (and dinners & lunches):
Zwitsal Terrein, Vlijtseweg 148, 7317 AK Apeldoorn
Radio Kootwijk, Radioweg 1,7348 BG Radio Kootwijk
Student & Tutors accommodation:
TYI: There is an indoor pool - accessible under strict Covid regulations ( consult Landal's website)
Map of DAI houses at Landal Rabt Hill (click on the image to enlarge)
09:00 - 10:00
Breakfast at sleeping accommodations
DEPARTURE before 10:30 (strictly)
Bus arrives at 10:30 (P1) to Apeldoorn Station
There is regular public transport (bus) available between Landal Rabbit Hill and Apeldoorn's train station.