DAI BULLETIN | WEEK 3 | 6 - 12 December 2018
“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.” (Arundhati Roy)
(scroll to go directly to the day to day program)
Our spaceship has landed in St Erme, France, where for the duration of the DAI Week, we will make use of the spaces and facilities at beautiful PAF - PerformingArtsForum. Here our students, faculty and crew will embark on another DAI-journey, grouping and re-grouping for face to face tutorials, study groups, seminars, workshops, presentations and performances, student led activities and countless communal dinners.
Our gratitude goes to Jan Ritsema, theatre-maker and initiator of PAF and to PAF's Stephanie Barbier and all other members of the collective. Thank you for hosting us, and thank you even more for your vision and stamina to bring this project into the world. Here in St.Erme no juries, no gatekeepers, some conditions but no selection: PAF is one of the very few truly open art residencies on the planet: a political project of love and generosity!
The tutors and guests on board this month to contribute to the defining modules of our DAI program are as follows:
How to do Things with Theory:
COOP study groups:
María Berríos, Tina Gverović, Geo Wyeth, Arnisa Zeqo, Sara Giannini, Navine G. Khan-Dossos, Sophia Al Maria, Aslak Aamot Kjaerulff, Jenna Sutela, Jorinde Seijdel, Florian Göttke, Leire Vergara, Beatriz Cavia, Mi You, Lucie Tuma and Nikos Doulos.
To read more about how the curriculum components structure our program you can consult our syllabus.
DAI Week 3 Crew (making it all possible), present in St. Erme:
*general logistics co-ordinator: Jacq van der Spek,
*assisted by this month's logistic assistant, theatre student Maxime Dreesen
*technical and logistical assistance: Ricardo Liong-A-Kong.
*study trajectory support: Rik Fernhout
* documentation Planetary Campus/KITCHEN: Silvia Ulloa.
The detailed day-to-day program for the entire week at PAF is to be found below.
DAI WEEK 3 | 6 - 12 DECEMBER 2018
PLEASE RETURN TO THE BULLETIN ON A DAILY BASIS AS THE SCHEDULE MAY BE UPDATED
Location: PAF – St. Erme, France
PERFORMING ARTS FORUM
15, Rue Haute
02820 St Erme Outre et Ramecourt
By joining DAI to PAF, you commit yourself to complying to the houserules as stipulated by PAF and DAI:
MOST IMPORTANT RULES AT PAF:
PAF is not a hotel or a facility serving you. It is informal. There is no staff. It’s well functioning, maintenance and cleaning is dependent on every resident.
The general principles of PAF are:
– Don’t leave traces
– Make things possible for each other.
– The doer decides.
More specific guidelines for the DAI circus at PAF:
- The building is a bewildering maze of hidden corridors, halls, rooms, libraries, cellars, attics and courtyards. As you can imagine it is impossible to keep the cold outside. In order to keep, at least, our work and living spaces warm it is conditional to ALWAYS carefully close all the doors that you have opened behind you.
- During the DAI-Week we are the only guests and we are welcome to make use of all the spaces that are not occupied by the regulars who live here. Our classrooms, tutor's rooms and several communal spaces (including two yoga rooms, dining room and breakfast kitchen) have been marked. Jacq made a ground plan where you can find the most important spaces.
- The elevator is exclusively in use for transport of food and equipment by staff. Never use it by yourself !
- All cups, plates, cutlery taken out of the kitchens or dining rooms always need to be returned and put away in the dishwashers -remember there is no staff to collect stuff and the building is immense).
- Departure day: a careful final cleaning round of all spaces that you have been using, including hallways, stair and all communal spaces is paramount !
– NO SMOKING ALLOWED INSIDE THE BUILDING - THERE ARE PLENTY OF COVERED AREAS IN THE COURTYARD AND THE GARDEN ~ here again: do not leaves traces (luckily there are also plenty of ashtrays)
Find the PAF Daddy BAR in the basement, near the DAI Week Dining Room.
PROGRAM DAY BY DAY
~ End of DAI Week 3 ~
Next month: DAI Week 4 in Cagliari, Italy. See: Calendar