2021-2022 Factory 2:0: NEW RELATIONSHIP ENERGY
A student-led on love, relationships and (ethical) non-monogamy.
APRIL 30 2022
Led by Dylan Spencer-Davidson
When: April 30 (20:00 - 21:30)
Where: PAF (indoors)
The first half will again be devoted to some the literature, thinkers, myths, vocabulary and problematics of polyamory discourse.
The topics we'll cover this time will include:
– Managing risk: rules, agreements and boundaries
– Abundance/scarcity mindsets
– Communication tools: the check-in, the wheel of consent
– How to navigate hierarchies and power differentials
This will again be followed by time to exchange references, questions, gossip etc. Zero preparation/experience/prior knowledge needed!
When: March 28 (10:30 - 11:30)
The first half will be an intro on some the literature, thinkers, myths, vocabulary and problematics of polyamory discourse:
– Dr. Kim Tallbear and moving beyond settler colonial sexualities (polyamory as more than life-hacking for white, affluent people)
– Useful polyamory terminology: new relationship energy, compersion, relationship anarchy, solo poly, monogamish, metamour, relationship escalator, etc
– Things that non-monogamy may push you to engage with: communication, jealousy, scheduling, safer sex, articulating needs, compromises, dealing with harm
– Adjacent topics such as non-violent communication, love languages, attachment theory, transformative justice
After that, we can tailor the session to what the group feels like, e.g. exchanging references, questions, gossip, or even trying some cute role-play exercises.
Zero preparation/experience/prior knowledge needed!