Appendix A ( to the official Exam Regulations)
Competencies / final qualifications
DAI (Dutch Art Institute) Master Art Praxis
Discovery and innovation
Realization and management of creative
Presentation and communication
Research and contextualization
Critical analysis and reflection
Transcultural awareness and skills
* The student has furthered their energetic and inventive practice.
* The student has developed more intrinsic understanding of the intellectual, aesthetic, and methodological formation of their artistic practice and is able to put that to work, both in collaboration as well as on an individual base.
* The student is able to maintain an aesthetically, ethically and strategically informed practice in complex situations and under shifting circumstances.
* The student thrives in a surrounding of critical discourse and debate.
2. Discovery and innovation
* The student has acquired substantial new insights concerning the form and content of their practice and is open to their ongoing transformation.
* The student can handle the uncertain outcome of experimentation.
3. Realization and management of creative potential
* The student is capable of independently steering and monitoring their working process and bringing it to a conclusion.
* The student can organize their working situation and can create a functional basis for their artistic practice, achieving a good balance between "poetry" and "economy".
* The student can produce work that does justice to their personal insights and views but also, where relevant, to those of other parties.
* They can generate sustainable alternatives or at least provisional solutions to problems that occur during the working process.
4. Presentation and communication
* The student has positioned themselves within the field of artistic practice and is able to claim and articulate this position.
* The student can present their work, as well as reflecting on it before professionals
and the public.
* The student can make work public through participation in exhibitions, symposiums, and other relevant platforms and is able to effectively negotiate this with relevant parties.
5. Research and contextualization
* The student can conduct independent research at MA level.
* The student is capable of developing ideas in relation toresearch.
* The student researches and relates to contemporary developments in both art and society and can analyze, express, and communicate their findings in a well-considered way.
* The student can distinguish the interconnectedness between their work and that of colleagues in the same and other disciplines.
* The student can select relevant professional literature and to use it to substantiate their work. * The student has gained in-depth understanding of the relevant platforms in the professional field.
6. Critical analysis and reflection
* The student can understand the variety of impacts their work can make in different contexts. * The student is capable of critically reflecting on choices made while researching and developing work.
* The student understands the consequences of particular choices and is able to justify them in an elaborate way.
* The student can react in an open and receptive manner to the criticism of different professional parties.
* The student can consider, analyze, identify and evaluate not only their own work but also that of others.
* The student shows generosity when providing critique to peers and colleagues.
* The student can collaborate in projects that are building upon shared rather than individually conceived plans, showing empathy and respect for the different roles, responsibilities and areas of interest of the partiesinvolved.
* The student can commit to the outcome of a collaborative process.
* The student has acquired an awareness of community around a praxis and is able to develop and benefit from meaningful professional networks.
8. Transcultural awareness and skills:
* The student knows how to present their praxis in a variety of contexts.
* The student can work in and contributing to multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary, transcultural and/or transnational communities and contexts.
* The student can recognize and handle sensitive issues in a transcultural context with empathy.
* The student is aware of the continuing need to educate theirself in order to function in a diversified community.
These COMPETENCES are reviewed and if necessary, updated annually. Students & Faculty are involved in this process.