Right now world leaders are meeting for historic climate talks -- but pledges without real action won't cut it anymore. We need bold, visionary leaders to finally do what's needed to pull us back from the abyss. PLEASE SIGN THE EMERGENCY APPEAL by Greta from Sweden, Vanessa from Uganda, Dominika from Poland, and Mitzi from the Philippines:
TO WORLD LEADERS
- Keep the precious goal of 1.5°C alive with immediate, drastic, annual emission reductions unlike anything the world has ever seen.
- End all fossil fuel investments, subsidies, and new projects immediately, and stop new exploration and extraction.
- End creative carbon accounting by publishing total emissions for all consumption indices, supply chains, international aviation and shipping, and the burning of biomass.
- Deliver the $100bn promised to the most vulnerable countries, with additional funds for climate disasters.
- Enact climate policies that protect workers and the most vulnerable, and reduce all forms of inequality.
Greta from Sweden, Vanessa from Uganda, Dominika from Poland, and Mitzi from the Philippines