OUR ADMISSIONS TRAJECTORY WILL BEGIN IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS!!
For now we have left this section open for those interested to be able to get an idea of the types of questions and the amount of time it may take them to complete an application for next year. Please be aware that the questions will certainly be tweaked, updated and reworked.
Our online application form has two parts and should always be completed in English.
The first part takes just a minute to fill in. You'll then receive an e-mail containing a unique link that will allow you to access the second part of our application.
In the second part, you'll be asked to respond to a few questions about your practice as artist (maker) /researcher / curator/ writer/ designer / organiser and reflect on what the space of art and research can offer under current conditions. You'll be able to work on this second part online, save your work as you go, make changes, and take as much time as you need before choosing to submit your answers.
And there are several documents you'll need to get together to upload as well.
Here's an overview:
- A portfolio containing relevant information (textual & visual and /or aural documentation) regarding your most relevant artistic, curatorial, writing or research projects. We are particularly interested in the developments in your work and research over the past two years. Relevant older work which you feel may provide us with insight into your process may of course be included. Please be sure to include precise information for each entry: what are we looking at/ listening to, what are we reading? Be it individual work or group work or a curatorial project, always make sure to mention the names of maker(s),writers, researcher (s). If applicable do not forget to include the title, technique/material, duration, dimensions, and year of production, exhibition or release. It is important for us to understand your specific role in and relation to the projects we are reviewing.
Documentation should be submitted as one PDF file
Should you wish to include video documentation of a performance, a link to a film, video or sound piece, and/or scans of a publication (on your website, Vimeo, YouTube or the like), we advise you to embed relevant links in the PDF and to frame each work with a short description.
Please do not use a link which expires or (re)move files as several members of the Admissions Committee may need to view your work at different times during the admissions process. And please do not send files via WeTransfer, Dropbox or other FTP services. Also, we do not accept any materials sent to us via the postal system.
- A copy of your passport
- Your favorite photo of yourself
- Your CV [including details of your formal training as well as professional activities thus far]
- An official copy of your last obtained diploma on a Bachelor's level (or if applicable, on a Master's level). [If you are still studying and have not yet obtained your diploma, please enclose a letter from your Head of Department to this effect and that you are expected to graduate on time.]
- Letter(s) of recommendation [minimum of one, maximum of three letters ~ from relevant colleagues, tutors, professors, exhibition makers and curators, etc.]
We hope you will check back in the next couple of days for the live 2019-21 DAI-application & we look forward to receive your completed application!